The Committee is the authorized executive agency of the government of Saint-Petersburg:
- for developing and implementing the public policy of Saint-Petersburg in the field of development of small and medium enterprises in Saint-Petersburg;
- in the field of consumer market;
- in the field of management of retail markets, management of and operations on realization of goods (performance of works, rendering of services) at retail markets, as well as monitoring of the compliance with the requirements stipulated by the Federal Law “On Retail Markets and Introduction of Changes to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation", in accordance with the authorities of the executive agencies of the government of Saint-Petersburg determined by the laws of Saint-Petersburg;
- for developing and implementing the public policy in the field of burial and funeral business in Saint-Petersburg;
- for governing the relations arising in the field of management of regional lotteries of Saint-Petersburg and conducting such lotteries;
- for exercising regional state control (supervision) over the compliance with the requirements provided for in the legislation of the Russian Federation and the laws of Saint-Petersburg, within its competence.